Losing weight is a difficult job but if you wish to reduce inches from a particular part of the body, it becomes tougher. It is disappointing and disheartening when even after spending loads of money and hours in the gym, you can’t just get into your favorite dress because your protruding tummy.
What you don’t know is that your aim to fitness and beauty can be achieved without even going to the gym, or spending a lot of money on anything else, even if you choose your workout right. That perfect choice can very well be Pilates if you are looking for strong and toned core muscles.
The best exercises for a slender waistline through Pilates are:
1. THE MERMAID – Rest on your left hip in a seated posture, legs folded together to the left
· Place your left hand on the right ankle and raise your right arm straight up in the air
· Reach out towards the ceiling as far as possible and then to the left
2. CURLS – Lie down on your back with the knees bent and feet flat on the floor, arms at the sides
· Exhale and curl your chin to your chest with shoulders totally off the mat
· Duplicate it 10 times
3. Lift your feet off the floor to the table-top position (knees stacked above the hips and bent to 90 degrees)
· Point your toes, squeeze the heels and stretch your legs straight up to approximately 45°
· Raise your head, neck, shoulders and upper back off the mat
· Pump arms up and down while breathing in (5 times) and out (5 times) through the mouth
· Perform 10 sets
4. ROLLING UP – Lie down flat on your back with your arms extended towards the ceiling.
· Exhale, curl chin to chest and roll up to sitting position with arms reaching towards the toes
· Hold the position for 5 seconds
· Inhale, relax and return to starting position
· Repeat 10 times
5. ROLL LIKE A BALL – Bring your knees to the chest, and wrap arms around the legs
· Rock forward until your tailbone touches the ground, and your feet are approximately few inches above the floor
· Inhale while turning back to the shoulder blades and exhale while rolling forward, keeping a balance near the starting position
· Repeat 10 times
6. SINGLE LEG STRETCH – Lie on your back with legs raised to 45°
· Exhale and raise the head, upper back, neck and shoulder over the mat
· Bend your right knee towards the chest with your left hand on the ankle and your right hand on the knee
· Switch legs while exhaling
· Do 20 repetitions
These are some of the best exercises to begin with if you have decided on Pilates to acquire a strong and toned heart. However, if at any stage, any pain or dysfunction in your body restricts you from doing the exercises, you can consult your online physical therapy expert to get back on track in no time.